Top SEO Benefits of Responsive Web Design
In our tech-savvy world, Responsive Web Design has become a necessity, as almost everything these days revolves around web browsing and E-commerce. Brands need to deliver user-friendly mobile experiences to their visitors, but many brands are failing to deliver this. As per the recent study given by LogMeIn, it was found that only 52% of users were satisfied while doing business through mobile. Responsive web design has become an essential feature for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as Google has introduced a mobile-first index. As per the study, many users would leave the site if it was not mobile-friendly. If mobile experience is poor, it will increase the negative impression and also decrease web traffic that will result in sales loss as well as loss in repeat customers. Responsive Web Design (RWD) is very much useful for web designers, developers, businesses and users too. It is an approach to design web pages in order to look good on all devices such as mobile, tablets and desktop.
➤Benefits of RWD:
- More Mobile Traffic: As per the report, traffic to top websites has been increased from mobile devices since 2015. Responsive web design provides search engine optimization and gives quality content. Google has introduced the mobile-first index so that ranking should be based upon mobile-friendly optimization. On average, over 60% of queries within the search engine come from mobile devices nowadays.
- Eliminate Duplicate Content: Many companies are making use of both mobile versions of a website and the desktop version of the website which is leading to duplication of content over the web. As a result, whenever search engines crawl for the result they find duplicate content for which penalty might be charged as they don’t understand both versions are the same. So in order to get rid of this factor, we need to use a mobile-first perspective; this will eventually merge content and give a single unique URL.
- Lower Bounce Rate: Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a particular website who visit the site and leave without viewing other pages on the website. The low number of clicks, low number of page views and lower time spent on pages will indicate the poor experience of a site. So an optimized mobile site will provide a better experience by providing useful information and will lower bounce rate.
- Faster Loading Speed: Speed is also an important key factor which receives more visitors to the site. As per reports, 50% of visitors leave the page if the loading time is more than 3 seconds. Also, Load speed is a ranking signal in many search engine’ algorithms. So sites need to make sure that it is mobile-friendly, responsive and the site loading speed is good at all mobile devices and every place.
- Faster Mobile Development at Lower Costs: Making one responsive website requires less time than making a mobile application. Hence, the cost of one responsively designed website will be less than creating two separate websites and will save maintenance costs as well.
- Lower Maintenance Needs: Rather than a responsively designed site, maintenance of a separate mobile application requires additional testing and support because responsive sites have standardized methods which give optimal layout on every screen. So it helps save time for developers, business owners and users.
- Higher Conversion Rates: By providing consistent user experience overall devices will convert more ideal customers. As responsively designed websites offer a single secure website which takes less time to process the same service as a device-specific website.
- Social Sharing Becomes Easy: When the single page URL supports the entire device, it becomes easier to share the URL on social media. Social media can also be a great boon when it comes to boosting traffic.
➤Improved Online and Offline Browsing: Users must get consistently positive experience so that whenever they visit the site they should not experience lagging; this may irritate users, and they might switch to a different website. So responsive web design will help in improving online browsing. Many smartphones support HTML5, so responsive web design will make it easier to view content within HTML5 web application offline.
- Recommended by Google: Google is the world’s most popular search engine and it considers responsive web design as an important aspect to determine website ranking.
- Easier Analytics Reporting: It’s very tough to manage traffic from multiple versions of websites. Therefore, a single responsive site makes monitoring process easier. Some monitoring tools such as Google analytics serve responsive websites by merging tracking and analytics into a single report and allow business owners to see their content performance.
Nowadays Responsive Web Design has become as important as quality content to search engine optimization. Search engine optimization has an extra benefit for the mobile-optimized site as responsive websites avoid duplicate content which can impact search rankings.
Digital Catalyst Group provides excellent digital marketing services to companies. Get in touch with us if you require services, we would like to be prominently visible over the internet.