What is SEO?
What is SEO & Why is it Important?
In simplest words, SEO (Search Engine optimization) helps to increase the online visibility of websites in a web search engine. SEO helps increase the number of visitors on the website to make it appear on top search engine results that are referred to as unpaid or organic results. So basically, SEO optimizes an online content through search engines such as Google, Yahoo and increases quality of that particular website and makes them easier to navigate, faster and user-friendly. SEO provides set of rules to the websites or blog owners, so that they optimize their websites accordingly and improve their search engine ranking.
These days, marketing is a crucial aspect for success whether it is a website, blog or online store. So considering this aspect, in order to reach the business objective, SEO is very important. On daily basis, search engine serves millions of users looking for answers or solution to their queries. SEO is beneficial for business as it provides visibility, branding, business traffic and insights into customer’s choice. SEO not only helps search engine, but it also enhances user experience and usability of a website.
Why SEO is important?
- SEO helps put your website ahead of the competition. For example, if two online stores are selling same product, then optimized store will get more web traffic and make more sales.
- SEO helps in social promotion of your website, people who come across your website on search engines may recommend you to their friends on social media such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Mostly, users prefer to click one of the top five suggestions in the result pages. Considering this, websites or online stores need to be listed within the top 5 search engine results.
Mechanism of Search Engine Optimization:
Search performed by any search engine depends on the algorithms. These complex algorithms help display the result in correct order to the user depending on their ranking. There are two different techniques that are successful to optimize the website ranking.
- Onsite SEO Technique: Onsite is a technique which helps website to make search engine friendly and adjusts the certain important areas of a website so that search engine can crawl and understand the structure of particular website. For example, search engines look for optimized title and description because it is the first thing which search engine read when they crawl upon a page. There are many other factors which need to be considered such as URL structure, speed and internal links.
- Offsite SEO Technique: Offsite technique generally refers to link building and website promotion. Link influences more to the algorithm; if links coming from some trusted and high quality website then its rank will be higher in the search list, otherwise the rank will be low. Natural links are mostly considered in any search engines which are given by some other website who found your content interesting. For website promotion social media is the fastest way.
Benefits of SEO
Low Cost Results: If the website is on the top of the search engine result, there is no need to pay per click and it also reduces the advertisement expenses. It reduces the need of thousands of ads and that will not affect the business of respective website.
Traffic Increases: By using SEO strategy, website will see the increase in traffic with the help of analytics and reporting tools. As traffic increases, it will attract more business to the website.
Higher Brand Credibility: The brand which is listed at the top of the result page is considered to be a reputable brand. And that brand doesn’t require any ads because ads look annoying to many people.
Return of Investment: As per the statistics, there is huge difference in SEO marketing and other marketing. If you get 1000 visitors from paid ads, only 2% visitors will convert into sale, but in case of 1000 clicks from SEO, sales will definitely increase without any investment.
Search Engine Optimization makes website stand out among millions of other websites on web. It will take one’s business to next level as it brings thousands of visitors a day to your website. SEO optimization is a constant process to stay abreast with the latest algorithms. Even though your products and services are priced & competitive, without SEO it will be hard to reach the ranking that can help you attract the right user base. Moreover, SEO can have a better Return of Investment (ROI) than traditional form of marketing such as TV ads and print ads. SEO even provides brand exposure of any company without investing a lot of money and this process is best handled by experienced professionals. Nowadays, every business with an online presence needs to make the best out of SEO and enjoy long term benefits.
Digital Catalyst Group provides excellent SEO services to companies who are operating from Dallas, Texas! Get in touch with us if you require Search Engine Optimization & would like to be prominently visible over the internet.