Let us first understand the meaning of the word SEO. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization- which means it is a process or a system which helps you to increase the number of people visiting your website. Search engine optimization, or SEO, collects all the relevant information from the web pages and then displays the top websites on the search engine results page based on the page’s ranking.
Now that we have understood SEO or Search engine optimization, let us know about digital marketing.
Digital marketing refers to promoting or selling products and services through digital channels or technologies, and some of these channels are emails, mobile apps, search engines, social media, and websites.
Digital marketing world
Gone are the days when customers would walk into a store and check on the products they wanted to buy. Today people buy everything online- from groceries to big appliances, everything is purchased online, so it becomes even more critical for any business to flourish to market its products and services correctly. And in this age of technology, what better way can one find to advertise their business than online through digital marketing?
It is essential to realize that digital marketing is not as easy as we think. There is a lot of competition out there, even in the digital world, so highlighting products in the market becomes even more challenging. However, we will look at some of the essential factors that affect SEO and understand how SEO helps in digital marketing.
Factors affecting SEO or Search engine optimization
Keywords and titles are the core
- Using keywords is one of the most popular ways to search for products and services online. Customers type a word in the search engine box, and what SEO does is it pulls out information from all the web pages that are related directly to the keywords and then based on the web page’s ranking.
- The search engine results page will first list the paid advertisements and then list the organic or the free results. Often it is the first 3 to 5 top results found on the search engine results page that customers would click on, and if they do not find the right information that they are looking for in that keyword, then they will not even look at the other pages for the similar keyword instead they would go back to the search engine box and type a different keyword, and this time the keyword could be a synonym of the previous word.
- Hence a web page must have different keywords and synonyms of the word in the entire article. Apart from that, even the titles and subheadings of the article must carry words that would most often be typed on search engine boxes because SEO pays a lot of attention to the words that are used on the titles of the page as titles are used to summarize the article on the page.
Importance of links
- SEO also checks for the links in a particular web page, and this is because when one web page connects a link to another web page, then it helps a customer to trust the information as valuable.
- The SEO considers links provided on a page as recommendations, a source of good information, and that the web page is encouraging the customer to learn more on a particular subject. The more links connected to a page, the more its chances of being the top-ranking site by SEO, or in other words, it can be the ‘Shining Star’ on the result page.
- However, it is important to note that Search engines can detect links from low-quality sites, so the link value on a page depends entirely on the quality of the site or page.
Secret of content length and updates
- People love reading well-written articles online, and so web pages that have a length in their articles are the ones that attract the most. And this is because customers are searching for knowledge; their appetite is not satisfied by just knowing the basics of a product or a service; they want complete information and look for reviews from other customers on that particular product.
- Web pages that have a lot of fresh, updated content and healthy links from other websites is the one that will make it to the top of the ranking.
This information helps to understand that SEO or Search engine optimization plays a vital role in digital marketing. So if one wants to showcase their business (products or services) to the world, then one needs to ensure that their web page is on the top ranking list by the SEO. SEO’s best help is by advertising a business without paying for it.
Digital Catalyst Group provides excellent SEO services to companies who are operating from Dallas, Texas! Contact us if you require Search Engine Optimization & would like to be prominently visible over the internet.