What is SEO?
In simplest words, SEO (Search Engine optimization) helps to increase the online visibility of websites in a web search engine. SEO helps increase the number of visitors on the website to make it appear on top search engine results that are referred to as unpaid or organic results. So basically, SEO optimizes online content through search engines such as Google and Yahoo, increases the quality of that particular website, and makes them easier to navigate, faster, and user-friendly. SEO provides a set of rules to the websites or blog owners so that they optimize their websites accordingly and improve their search engine ranking.
Marketing is a crucial aspect of success, whether it is a website, blog, or online store. So considering this aspect, SEO is essential to reach the business objective. Daily, search engines serve millions of users looking for answers or solutions to their queries. SEO is beneficial for businesses as it provides visibility, branding, business traffic, and insights into customers’ choices. SEO not only helps search engines but also enhances the user experience and usability of a website.
Why SEO is important?
- SEO helps put your website ahead of the competition. For example, if two online stores sell the same product, the optimized stores will get more web traffic and make more sales.
- SEO helps in social promotion of your website; people who come across your website on search engines may recommend you to their friends on social media such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Mostly, users prefer to click one of the top five suggestions in the result pages. Considering this, websites or online stores need to be listed within the top 5 search engine results.
Mechanism of Search Engine Optimization
A search performed by any search engine depends on the algorithms. These complex algorithms help display the result in the correct order to the user, depending on their ranking. There are two different techniques that are successful to optimize the website ranking.
- Onsite SEO Technique: Onsite is a technique which helps the website to make search engine friendly and adjusts certain important areas of a website so that search engines can crawl and understand the structure of the particular website. For example, search engines look for optimized titles and descriptions because it is the first thing that search engines read when they crawl upon a page. Many other factors, such as URL structure, speed, and internal links, need to be considered.
- Offsite SEO Technique: Offsite technique generally refers to link building and website promotion. Link influences more to the algorithm; if links come from some trusted and high-quality website, then its rank will be higher in the search list; otherwise, the rank will be low. Natural links are mostly considered in any search engines given by some other website that found your content interesting. For website promotion, social media is the fastest way.
Benefits of SEO
1. Low Cost Results
If the website is at the top of the search engine result, there is no need to pay per click, and it also reduces advertisement expenses. It reduces the need for thousands of ads, which will not affect the business of the respective website.
2. Traffic Increases
By using SEO strategy, website will see an increase in traffic with the help of analytics and reporting tools. As traffic increases, it will attract more business to the website.
3. Higher Brand Credibility
The brand listed at the top of the result page is considered a reputable brand. And that brand doesn’t require any ads because ads look annoying to many people.
4. Return of Investment
As per the statistics, there is a huge difference between SEO marketing and other marketing. If you get 1000 visitors from paid ads, only 2% of visitors will convert into sales, but in case of 1000 clicks from SEO, sales will increase without any investment. Search Engine Optimization makes a website stand out among millions of other websites on the web. It will take one’s business to the next level, bringing thousands of visitors daily to your website.
SEO optimization is a constant process to stay up-to-date with the latest algorithms. Even though your products and services are priced & competitive, without SEO, it will be hard to reach the ranking that can help you attract the right user base.
Moreover, SEO can have a better Return of Investment (ROI) than traditional forms of marketing such as TV ads and print ads. SEO even provides brand exposure to any company without investing a lot of money, and experienced professionals best handle this process. Nowadays, every business with an online presence needs to make the best out of SEO and enjoy long-term benefits.
Digital Catalyst Group provides excellent SEO services to companies who are operating from Dallas, Texas! Get in touch with us if you require Search Engine Optimization & would like to be prominently visible over the internet.